Wednesday, October 23, 2013

DIY Crafts: Whimseybox September Review

Hello Vancity Girlfriends,
Let me tell you my Whimseybox story!  I tried two boxes for Whimseybox DIY Crafts and discovered that one box a month was too much especially during the summer when I wasn't crafting at all.  So I decided to skip a month in August.  I was waiting for my September box but my Whimseybox account didn't know I had returned.  So my September Whimseybox arrived late after excellent customer service assistance from Whimseybox!  In addition, when you ship to Canada (since Whimseybox is from the USA) it takes extra time.  I can't complain because the fee for shipping is nominal.  

Well, finally I have a Whimseybox to open, but I have to admit that I did NOT like the craft that I saw inside.  Macrame is definitely not my style and personal taste!  However, I'm sure that Carolyn's mom will enjoy the box.  Macrame is a craft for the older crowd.  Okay, no excuses, I just don't like wall hangings and macrame!  Check it out to see if you like it.


Macrame Wall Hanging
September Whimseybox - Macrame


I have realized that I like beading and jewellery making.  That is what I have experience with and enjoy the most.  With that in mind, I have decided to cancel my Whimseybox subscription.  I have the October Whimseybox still to come!  But trying NEW crafts is not really for me for now.  Who knows, October may impress me and I might be back. 
If you like what you see and would like to try new crafts every month or every 2nd month, sign up for Whimseybox HERE and save $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment