Friday, December 25, 2015

Vancouver Event: Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Just wanted to share a place that I went to on Christmas Eve.  I had family in town from overseas and they had heard about Capilano Suspension Bridge so we decided to take the free shuttle that leaves from Canada Place downtown Vancouver (close to Waterfront Skytrain Station) to the tourist attraction.

We decided to take the 3pm Capilano Shuttle so we could see their special holiday Canyon Lights during the day as the sun is setting and at night.  We were very lucky that we decided not to get a coffee and instead went to stand in line for the shuttle a bit early.  Good thing we did because they only had only 30 spaces as there were three other stops that had passengers waiting.  We were one of the last ones on the bus.  

When we arrived it was still light out and we decided to get our coffee first and warm ourselves up before we went across the Capilano suspension bridge.  It was nice to have a warm drink by the heat lamp before our winter adventure began.  

We walked across the Capilano Suspension Bridge along with lots of other tourists and visitors.  I never knew that this was one of the most popular tourist attractions in Vancouver.  In the summer, they have buses leaving Canada Place every 10 minutes.  Now I have to admit that I am afraid of heights and going there was facing my fears straight on.  I'm glad I did.  The scenery is breathtaking and beautiful.  During the walk, I held on tight and took one step at a time, probably with the look of fear on my face, but I did get better with practice.  I think that there were so many tourists, some young, some old, and none were scared of crossing that bridge gave me courage.  

Once on the other side we did the Treetops Adventure which is walking along the bridges among the trees.  I did much better at this since they were shorter distances and as it got dark we could only see the lights of the bridge instead of what what down below.  Then we continues our trek on ground as they had Christmas tree lights along all the walking trails.  


Cliffwalk Adventure
Then we went across the other side to do the Cliffwalk Adventure which are bridges against the cliff of the mountain walking up to the top.  All of the bridges were lit with Christmas lights.  More festive lights were on the trees as we walked back down to the gift shop.  

They did have quite a lot to do and see and the walking around alone took us two hours easily.  So it was worth the $37.95 per adult as the entrance fee.  Since I was a BC Resident I received an annual pass at guest services so I can return anytime to the attraction.  With a free shuttle I may bring other friends or visitors who come to Vancouver.  

Canyon Lights is still lit up until January 3rd, 2016 so if you still have time to check it out:  https://www.capbridge.com/visit/





No comments:

Post a Comment