Tuesday, March 22, 2016

New Westminister Restaurant - El Santo

Dear Vancity Girlfriends,

We have another culinary gem of a restaurant to share with you today.  It's out in New Westminister, BC which is still only a skytrain station away.  A short walk from New Westminister skytrain station.

It's a Mexican restaurant called El Santo that has a homemade tortilla machine and makes fresh tortillas.  Now when my girlfriend first told me that I didn't think too much of it.  It did bring back memories of being in Mexico and of course I was skeptical that a fresh tortilla would be that good.  

I was wrong.  The fresh tortilla here is the real thing.  I'm so glad three of us went because El Santo is a place where you want to share the appetizers so you can try more.  Even a bite of different appetizer plates are worth it.  This is a sharesy kinda place.  

And if you like to drink, the drinks are strong.  There is no such thing as a single margarita, I felt kind of foolish after I asked.  Of course, all margaritas are doubles.   Let's start with drinks, I had the 20th Century cocktail and my girlfriend had a Paloma.  For appetizers we had Quesos Fundidos (cheese dip dish - delicious), Pan De Elote (skillet cornbread).  For dinner I shared the lamb Carnitos de Pato and then had room for Churros for dessert.  You want to share and splurge when you go to El Santo.   










I would return for the flavorful food and for Happy Hour from 3-6pm daily.  When we went it was after work and my girlfriend was coming from Vancouver so we missed Happy Hour.  Since then I've heard other colleagues who live in New Westminister rave about their dining experience at El Santo.  It won't be hard to find someone to go back with.  Best of all when it was time to split the bill, all you have to do is ask.  They can split the bills in as many ways as you want including splitting appetizers in quarters.  It's a great place for a special treat!

Check out more at their website:  http://elsanto.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment