Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sunday Funday - Meal Prep Sunday

National Blog Posting Month
NaBloPoMo Day 27 - Drone Racing and Meal Prep Sunday

I love the idea of meal prep sunday that my husband discovered for me on Reddit which links back to this blog ideally called My Meal Prep Sunday.   On Reddit you can see people posting containers of their healthy lunches that they have made for the week.  Inspiration from me!

So what really happened on my Meal Prep Sunday.  Firstly I slept in and since it has been rainy and dark I really did not want to get out of bed.  Once I did I went out to the Western League Drone Racing event at Cloverdale Agriplex to check out what multirotor drone racing looks like and to visit our friends.  


Needless to say we didn't even think about meal planning or grocery shopping until later in the afternoon.  I use Plan to Eat to do my meal planning and from there my grocery list.  We ended up going to Walmart to buy groceries since we needed to go there for cheap glue for flying wings.  I wanted to share this because my Meal Prep Sunday was not a full day and instead a few hours.  So what did it look like?

1.  Rotissiere Chicken leftovers with Steamed cauliflower, carrots, and frozen green beans.  I prefer fresh veggies but sometimes it is nice to throw in frozen ones to make it more colourful.  This was a nice combination.

2.  Brocolli Apple Salad - http://paleoleap.com/broccoli-apple-salad-walnuts/ - This salad was such a success last week that I made it again!  I put it in smaller containers as it is a good midday snack.

3.  Slow Cooker Beef Stew - http://www.clubhouse.ca/en-ca/products/meal-helpers/slow-cookers/slow-cookers-beef-stew  I chopped carrots, potatoes, and onions so tomorrow morning I can put everything in the slow cooker on low and go off to work.  That will give me dinner and hopefully few more lunches.  

What did I learn?  I need a full day of Meal Prep Sunday to have more meals.  I like using smaller containers so I feel I have variety and using the slower cooker during weekday evenings will help save time as well.  I want to do more baking as well so we'll see if I'm successful next week on #sundayfunday #mealprepsunday







No comments:

Post a Comment