Sunday, May 12, 2013

Afternoon Tea at Patissiere Fur Elise with Vancity Girlfriend Maria

Hello Vancouver Girls,

I love being a tourist in my own town and when my friend from Japan came to visit me, it was a chance for me to find a new afternoon tea place.  And that is exactly what I did.  
When Social Shopper had the coupon for Afternoon Tea at Patissiere Fur Elise, I grabbed the 2 for 1 deal.  Now I could treat my friend for a wonderful afternoon tea in Vancouver.

We walked into the heritage home on Hamilton street minutes from the Vancouver Public Library and it was like stepping into a Victorian tea house.  The first floor is the pastry bakery for you to buy sweets and upstairs in the intimate afternoon tea house.  This was an elegant and very 'girly' atmosphere.  I LOVED IT!  (I guess that means I'm a girly girl)   
They also have a small room in the back that's perfect for bridal or baby showers.  I'm not sure which was taking place when we went, but the girls were dressed for some special occasion.

Now onto my afternoon tea experience.  I got to taste a refreshing mango panne cotte for the first time.  That was breathtaking!  

My favourite sweet was definitely the signature Fur Elise which is a little bit of strawberry shortcake heaven.  (I'm not a fan of matcha so passed on the green tea cake and the macaroons were too sweet for my liking).  I devoured all of the savory sandwiches and loved the flavour combinations.  Overall, I'm so happy I discovered Patissiere Fur Elise and would return again for a special and memorable afternoon tea.

The afternoon tea menu is $30 per person. 

Enjoy the photos!  
Maria
Mango Tea with Mango Panne Cotta



Sweets - Pink Fur Elise was my favourite

Savories - Cucumber, Smoked Salmon, Scone, Prosciutto & Brie
Do you love afternoon tea in Vancouver?

No comments:

Post a Comment