Sunday, September 21, 2014

Vancouver Cafe: Culprit Cafe

Hello Vancity Girlfriends,

My friend who is a coffee connoiseur chose Culprit Cafe as the place to catch up on a sunny afternoon.  It's a small quaint coffee shop that has free wifii.  Now what surprised me was that they are not only a local coffee shop but that it also is a gluten free bakery.  

Now when I arrived mid-afternoon and they were already out of fresh bread for their lunch specials and the bakery counter is more than half empty, you know that there is something here that the folks like. 

It's a small coffee shop but luckily my friend arrived early so she saved a small table for us.  I had the lunch special of chicken salad with brie and since they ran out of bread, they put it on a gluten free homemade biscuit.  The taste of the food was lovely!  Small cafe, homemade gluten free baking, small portion sizes, and you have to forgive some of their quirks (more self serve than service).  I'd recommend going there early before all of their baked goods sell out for the day.  As for the coffee?  I'm not a coffee drinker, so you'll have to go there to find out and let me know.





No comments:

Post a Comment