Monday, October 20, 2014

Crafternoon: Border Buddy Cardmaking Class

Hello Vancity Girlfriends,

Now I love crafting as you know and learning about new crafts.  I was searching on the internet for a cardmaking class and stumbled upon a Stampin' Up demonstrator in Canada who had a studio nearby in New Westminister.  It is through my internet surfing that I discovered the Border Buddy Cardmaking class.  It peaked my interest because it was closeby, the cost was only $20 (and if you place an order of $40 or more, the class is free).  That was definitely a selling feature for me.

I wanted to take a card making class for a long time but there are not many around.  I don't have any friends who enjoy this craft.  So I decided to bribe my friend who lives in New Westminister to come to the class with me so we could both try something new.  

The studio was in the basement of a house and there was a long table with friendly guests when we arrived.  Taking classes are great because you don't have to do anything.  All of the materials are already prepared and she guides you step-by-step through the process.  Also the Big Shot paper cutter and framelits were there for us to use.  

I was really happy with how easy it is to do stamping and card making.  The group of women in the class were super friendly and supportive.  We were the beginners of the group but we were able to leave with four beautiful cards in a night.  There were five of us making cards all together so a nice small group.

Now I have my eyes set on more cards for the upcoming Winter Watercolour card making class in November.  Stay tuned as I'll share my new craft adventures with you and let you see what I've ordered when it arrives.  





Stamp Crazy With Alison Website
(Click on the top page 'Classes' to see what classes she will have each month).

No comments:

Post a Comment