Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Crafternoon: Baad Anna's Crochet Class

Hello Vancity Girlfriends,


I love learning new crafts and taking classes which is how I learn best.  My girlfriend found a place that had crochet lessons for beginners and intermediate all in one.  So that's a good sign since I'm a beginner, since I can never remember how to start a slip knot which I need to start my chain for crocheting.  

Beginner Crochet Class - Wool Cowl (just starting)
Baad Anna's is a local shop that offers knitting and crocheting classes on a sliding scale which is nice.  The wool is pretty, okay, I'm obviously not a wool and yarn expert, but I found it interesting that they do have a supply of Canadian wool.  

They have a table at the back of the shop for the classes and there were about 8 students in the class.  The classes run over four 2 hour sessions in October.  The students were friendly and from a variety of crochet levels.  There were some ladies working on their individual projects such as baby booties, or crochet lace sweaters and then the rest of us who were learning the beginning crochet stitches.  It is inspiring to see what else can be crochets other than scarves.  The best advice that they told me was to just experiment and trial and error.  

Don't think that you can't do it or that's it's too difficult, just pick up the supplies and follow step-by-step and do your best!  

Baad Annas's Website:  http://baaadannas.wordpress.com/classes/

No comments:

Post a Comment