Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Movie Review: John Wick Official Trailer #1 (2014) - Keanu Reeves

As winter draws near in Vancouver and the cold wind blows, it is the perfect time to cuddle up indoors at your local movie theatre. I'm a big fan of watching action movies on the big screen.   After all who wants to be in a packed movie theatre sobbing at a romantic comedy or wiping your running nose on your scarf or sweater.  Those sappy movies are best watched for all in the privacy of your own home.  Then it doesn't matter if you look like a teary eyed freak because no one else will see you.


But with the action movies, the big screen encompasses the full action with a big picture. I also love watching movies that I don't know much about. That is what happened when I decided to go to see John Wick tonight. It's the day after the Remembrance Day holiday in Canada and the mall was empty. Since John Wick has been in the theatres for almost three weekends now, it was definitely less busy and a less popular movie which is great!  I like watching movies where you can walk in just before the movie starts and 3/4 of the theatre is still empty.


All I knew was that John Wick was an action gangster movie. So when my other half said it's a movie about a man who is getting revenge for killing his dog, I laughed inside. I didn't believe him. Well, you have to watch the movie to find out the real story.


It's a nice paced action flick with Keanu Reeves. He plays the role well and there is a lot of action!
Guns, fights, fast cars, and you have the dog. I don't really want to say more and think it is best when you know less.  But I'll leave it to you whether or not you want to press play on the movie trailer below.   In my opinion, it is worth getting out of the house and watching on the big screen (without watching the trailer).




No comments:

Post a Comment