Monday, November 16, 2015

Cookie Swap Testing: Reeses Piece's Cookies

My girlfriends and I every year organize a Cookie Swap where we each choose a festive cookie and then share them with each other at the cookie swap.  Instead of having someone host the cookie swap, we choose a restaurant that we can enjoy and bring the cookies already packaged for each other.  

I'm quite happy that this year I only have one cookie swap (last year I had two and I needed to enlist the help of my friend to get them all done).  Okay that means that last year I only decorated cookies for one of the swap.  

This year since I'm ahead of the game I decided to open up a Cookie Test Kitchen.  Or that's what I call it.  I'm going to bake different cookies to see which one I like the best for the cookie swap.

The first cookie I baked on the weekend was a Reeses Pieces Cookie.  They reeses pieces candies were on sale so I just used the recipe on the back of the bag.  

I reduced the amount of sugar as I don't have much of a sweet tooth.  I usually just omit the white sugar in recipes, or something like that, and used half a bag of candies instead of the full bag.  The cookie has a strong peanut butter flavour and surprised my husband that it didn't contain any peanut butter except the amount that was in the candies.  The Reeses Piece's cookie tastes good, but it doesn't really make the cut for a holiday cookie.  Next year it looks more like it would suit a spooky Halloween with the orange and brown colours.  



My Cookie Swap test kitchen continues....what cookie will be next......

No comments:

Post a Comment