Wednesday, December 30, 2015

BlogHer Writing Lab Wednesday - Tradition of New Year Resolutions

"Why do you think we have the tradition of trying to change ourselves at the start of the year?"

In ancient times, they would make resolutions or promises to Gods in hopes of receiving a good year.  That still resonates in today's society.  I think that our nature is to stay safe but to grow we all know that it is about CHANGE.

What better way to instigate change than to ring it in with a new year!  It's like a fresh start and we can forget the past and learn to live in the present with resolutions for a healthy and successful lifestyle in the new year.  

One of my biggest new year's resolutions is all about FITNESS for 2016.  I want to lose weight, be healthy and fit.  That is a tough call and much harder now that I'm over 40 years old.  But since I am motivated I have already found a New Year's fitness center that will open in the neighbourhood.  

I live near Metrotown and Good Life Fitness is opening Sovereign on January 13, 2016.  It's going to be a 24/7 gym so there will be no excuses and with my premium membership it includes access to all locations and being able to bring a guest anytime all for around $56/ month.  

I'm looking forward to losing weight as my new year's resolution so I can be fit and healthier and have the confidence to do.  Wish me luck!  




No comments:

Post a Comment