Sunday, January 24, 2016

Vancouver Restaurant: Firepots

Hello Vancity Girlfriends,

Winter is the perfect time for hot pot.  With many people getting the flu or cold the idea of sharing a hot pot is not ideal but we still want our hot pot so Firepots is perfect because they have individual hot pots.  Each person can order what type of hot pot they want and it is cooked on the warmer in front of your seat.

Why did we choose Firepots?  It's in Burnaby which is a convenient location.  There is a coupon in the Entertainment Book that has a 2 for 1 entree at Firepots.  I buy the Entertainment Book every year to support my niece's school so while I have it I might as well try different types of restaurants and save money at the same time.  

I tried the Fiery Schezuan Lamb which they made milder for me except for when I bit down on a fiery peppercorn.  I did eat it all up.  My friend's Tom Yum Goong Seafood Hot Pot looked amazing and I'm curious about the Satay Beef.    The Chocolate Fondue is a nice sharing dessert.  Three of us shared one and it was perfect!   Even without an Entertainment coupon, it is quite reasonably priced at $15 per individual hot pot.  It's definitely a foodie adventure.

Signature Hot Pot -Tom Yum Goong Seafood Hot Pot

Chocolate Fondue - Melting the chocolate on the warmer
Firepots Website:  http://www.firepots.ca/menu

No comments:

Post a Comment