Monday, February 15, 2016

Shoppers Beauty Boutique - Favorite Drugstore Products



I've had a Shoppers Optimum card (which is free) for many years now and the points have added up.  Then I discovered that there are special "Spend Your Points" weekends where they give you extra money for your points but it only applies to beauty.  This is when you have to find a Shoppers Beauty Boutique that has all of the different name brand items.  

I had enough points for $100 worth of beauty products so take a look at some of my drugstore favourites that caught my eye and the freebies that came with them since it was bonus time.  

1.  Shiseido Extra Creamy Cleansing Foam - This is a nice gentle cleanser that I like to keep in the shower for my daily cleansing routine.  I love that you only need a small bit to have a nice clean lather.  

The bonus bag came with a cosmetic bag and inside included 5 trial size Shiseido products.  

*Shiseido Glow Enhancing Make Up Primer (10ml)
*Shiseido Ibuki Gentle Cleanser (30ml)
*Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer (15ml)
*Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate (10ml)
*Shiseido Ultimune Eye Infusing Concentrate (5ml)



2.  Biotherm Aquasource Moisturizer for Dry Skin - I like this daily moisturizer because even though it is for dry skin, it is very light.  

The bonus bag came with a Biotherm blue cosmetics bag with 3 sample products inside.

*Biotherm Aquasource Cocoon 48 hour Hydration Gel (for normal to dry skin and is supposed to keep your skin moisturized even if you break out a sweat) (15ml)
*Biotherm Aquasource Total Eye Revitalizer (3ml)
*Biotherm Life Planton Essence (30ml) - tried a sample of this before which was nice.  I find the full sized Planton products are too expensive.  

Those are two of my favorite drugstore skincare essentials and I love how I only need a little bit for each of them to last a long time, however, that was not enough for my points.  I still had $5 to spend so I decided to splurge and get a new eyeshadow pallette from Smashbox.  Yes, you can buy Smashbox at the Shoppers Beauty Boutique and get Shoppers Optimum points for doing so.

3.  Smashbox Cherry Smoke Eyeshadow Pallette - I love the colours that make your eyes pop and most importantly stay on for the day.  Loving this beauty treat so far.  Here's a Cherry Smoke Tutorial:  https://www.smashbox.com/video/index.tmpl?video=cherrysmokepalette




I've used up all of my Shoppers Optimum points so I'm sure it'll take me a year or two to get enough points for a "Spend Your Points" weekend but maybe I'll get some tips from Vancity Girlfriend Carolyn who says she buys almost everything at Shoppers Drug Mart just for the optimum points.  Even without the free points, it was lots of fun to shop at the beauty boutique.  



No comments:

Post a Comment