Sunday, August 21, 2016

Smoothie Sunday - 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge

This has been one hot summer!  So smoothies are a great way to cool down so I jumped on the bandwagon when I discovered the 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge.  I signed up and have been getting my daily emails with smoothie recipes and tips.  I'm practicing now before the live 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge that begins in October.  

At first I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make green smoothies since I don't have a fancy expensive Vitamix or Blendtec blenders.  However, the recipes are super simple and easy to follow.  The key is to mix the spinach with water first before adding the other smoothie ingredients.  

I have a Magic Bullet and even though it does has its downfalls (sometimes I have chunks if I don't blend long enough), overall it can still make green smoothies.  Here's the first green smoothie that I made.  Not perfect but good to trial with what was in my fridge.  I didn't have any bananas but adding 1/2 banana would be a nice addition to this green smoothie.  The smoothie was a success as I have plans to make more green smoothies!  Such an easy way to eat your green vegetables.  

1 cup spinach + 1 cup water (blend first)
1/2 cup frozen pineapple, 1/2 chopped fresh peach




  

No comments:

Post a Comment