Sunday, September 04, 2016

Smoothie Sunday - Snickerdoodle Smoothie

I'm planning to do the October Green Smoothie Challenge where you drink a green smoothie everyday for 30 days.  WOW!  What a challenge!

30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge

So to gear up for this challenge, I've been drinking green smoothies and trying out different green smoothie recipes.  I thought I'd share some of these recipes on Smoothie Sunday!  

Today's smoothie recipe comes from the blog, Rabbit Food for my Bunny Teeth.  Say what?  I know it's a weird blog name, but super catchy.  The blogger lost 80 lbs from changing her diet and has an obsession with bunnies.  

Anyways back to the Snickerdoodle smoothie.  It has a cinnamon taste which is great for the fall and the smoothie can keep you feeling full for a few hours.   Maybe I like it because it has less green than other green smoothie recipes, I'm not sure.  I've made this for colleagues at work and they gave it a thumbs up.  It's an easy smoothie win for those who are skeptical of green smoothies.

Super simple recipe too:

1 handful of spinach
1 banana (frozen)
1/2 avocado
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Blend it all up and you have a delicious smoothie.  Yummy!  

  PS  This photo of the Snickerdoodle smoothie had less green than usual.  When you put in a handful of spinach it will look lighter shade of green like in the bunny blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment