Sunday, September 11, 2016

Smoothie Sunday - Strawberry Peach Freezer Packs

Welcome back to Smoothie Sunday!  This week I'm going to show you how to do your smoothie freezer packs so your fruit can stay fresh and your individual smoothies packs are ready for the week.

The problem with green smoothies is that greens can go bad quickly.  I bought a large box of power greens (combination of baby spinach, kale, and chard) and normally I wouldn't because I'd be afraid that the greens would wilt and go bad.  This time I was prepared and I made smoothie packs with them right away when they were fresh.  

I am trying out different green smoothies in preparation for the 30 Day Smoothie Challenge which starts in October.  This time I'm making Strawberry Peach smoothies which I got the idea from Simple Green Smoothies Strawberry Peach Refresher recipe.  Strawberries and peaches were on sale so it was a great way to use fresh ingredients in a smoothie.  

Strawberry Peach Smoothie Recipe

1 cup power greens (baby spinach, kale, chard)
1 cup peaches
1/2 cup strawberries
1 cup almond milk

I prepared the smoothie ingredients (but not the almond milk) and put them in a small ziploc freezer bag.  I didn't do the layering correctly as normally you want to put the peaches and strawberries at the bottom so the greens can go on top.  Then I wrote the date, name of the smoothie, and what I would need to add as liquid.  

Voila my strawberry peach smoothie freezer pack is ready to go!  I can thaw it in the fridge overnight and then blend it with the almond milk for a refreshing smoothie.  

  


No comments:

Post a Comment