Wednesday, November 16, 2016

NaBloPoMo: Writing Prompt Wednesday

National Blog Posting Month
Blogging Daily in November
#NaBloPoMo Day 16 - Writing Prompt Wednesday

As a part of BlogHer's National Blog Posting Month in November, I also enjoy taking part in their November Writing Prompts.  This gives me a chance to broaden and challenge my writing skills to write about something I may not normally write about.  It makes me think.  Today's writing prompt was:  

Nov. 15: What are the best/worst dishes at Thanksgiving dinner?


The best dishes are easy!  I love turkey (dark meat) with nice homemade gravy, mashed potatoes, and stuffing!  Not sure why I don't eat Thanksgiving dinner more often.  I missed having a Thanksgiving dinner at home this year.  We made a turkey because they were on sale but decided to use the meat to make other dishes and casseroles.  Needless to say I missed the traditional turkey dinner with stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy.  

One of the best parts of baking a turkey was the beautiful turkey stock that was made from the turkey bones.  That is so flavorful to have homemade turkey stock from a turkey that has been roasted in the oven for hours.  It's not just the turkey, but what you can do with it.  

Then what are the worst dishes?  I have yet to discover a good healthy vegetable or greens that will go with the Thanksgiving dinner.  Brussel sprouts or green bean casseroles are among the worst dishes but even worse is when there are dishes that are out of place like a chinese noodle dish, that shouldn't even be on the table.  I know some people like to do ethnic foods with their turkey even something as simple as turkey with rice, but that is the worse for me.  I am traditional with my turkey dinners.  Can't wait for the next one!

PS I always seem to get my days mixed up but it's too late as I have just finished this post.  You all get to read the writing prompt from yesterday today.

No comments:

Post a Comment