Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Thrifty Tuesday: Bourbon Street Grill at the Metrotown Food Court

National Blog Posting Month
Blogging Everyday in November 
#NaBloPoMo Day 15 - Thrifty Tuesday Bourbon St Grill


Metrotown Food Court in Burnaby, BC which is one of the largest shopping malls in British Columbia is a popular place for a fast and affordable dinner.  The hardest part is always deciding what type of food to buy for dinner.  Do you go to the place with the shortest line up?  Or the longest line up?  Do you follow your tastebuds and follow the type of cuisine that you want to eat?  Or do you follow your pocket book and try to figure out which fast food place will give you the most for your money?

Well I decided to go to the newest place.  There was a shiny big sign that said Bourbon Street Grill.  I imagined good old southern home cooking with corn, and meats, and cornbread.  At the buffet holding trays, they had corn as an option.  And if you say "Can I try the Bourbon St Chicken?", they will give you a toothpick and a piece of chicken to taste.  Wow, that was nice!

What I actually meant was "I'll take the Bourbon St Chicken".  So I decided to order the Bourbon St Chicken, Bourbon St Rice with mixed vegetables.  Now it pretty much is a Chinese style food with a sweeter sauce anytime they say "Bourbon".  It was still good for my tastebuds and I would return if I am looking for a Chinese Canadian food.  I really cannot call it southern food at all.  It was still a dinner for less than $10 so it's a good deal for Thrifty Tuesday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment