Monday, November 14, 2016

Movie Monday: Trolls with Anna Kendrick and Justin Timberlake

National Blog Posting Month in November
Blogging Everyday
#NaBloPoMo Day 14 - Trolls Movie

What did I know of Trolls?  It was an animated movie with Anna Kendrick and Justin Timberlake.  Not much really.  I vaguely remember Anna Kendrick on a late night talk show talking about her role but I didn't think much of it.  An animated movie for kids, so what?

Then when my niece asked me to take her to the movie Trolls, of course, I said "Yes".  What auntie wouldn't especially knowing that I probably only had a few more years when she would actually ask me before her pre-teens and then she would be too cool to spend time with me.  Even more so because she was the youngest and knew that I wasn't really her "auntie" instead I was "Mom's friend who hangs out at the house a LOT."  Hmm, interesting translation.

Anyways, I love those "Auntie Days" when I can spend time with her and make her happy and spoil her.  So I don't need to know anything about a movie except for the fact that my niece wanted to go.  Sometimes that's the best part when you don't know anything because then you can be pleasantly surprised.  

And surprised I was.  Trolls are such positive and happy creatures and I never knew that happiness could be spread through singing and dancing and hugging.  With colours of the rainbow that light up the roads.  There are so many feel good moments in Trolls and the best part is never hearing Justin Timberlake sing until the very end, and when he sings it is soo good.  I loved Anna Kendrick's character Poppy because she is so bright and filled with positive energy.  

All in all even though this is a kids movie and if you are going to watch it in the theatre, you better have the patience for kids.  Otherwise wait until it comes out on DVD.  It's best enjoyed with a niece or two.  Watching Trolls with my niece was the highlight of my weekend.   I didn't watch any movie trailers but hey maybe you want to.  Don't forget to SING, DANCE, and HUG like TROLLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment