Sunday, February 19, 2017

Self Care Sunday - Afternoon Tea at La Petite Cuillère

It's been almost a year since the last time I went out for Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont YVR for Spring Afternoon Tea in April 2016.  So I was delighted when a friend wanted to treat me for afternoon tea.  



After a bit of research and knowing that someone else was treating me, I chose La Petite Cuillère at 55 Kingsway near Main Street and Broadway.  It is a quaint little shop with cupboards of traditional English tea cups and saucers and that display is everywhere.  That's the fun part is to pretend to walk into an English tea room to have a cup of tea.  La Petite Cuillère is small and that is what makes it attractive because you can comfortably have conversations with your girlfriends and catch up.  The service was friendly and excellent.  When our afternoon tea arrived and the pretty tiers of finger sandwiches, scones, and desserts, the server even offered to take our pictures.  And he knew exactly where to seat us for the best lighting.  They refilled our tea pots with water and we felt right at home.  There was no rush to leave and it was a window view of our afternoon tea treat.  It made me fall in love with afternoon tea.    

I loved their scones with homemade devonshire cream and jam.  The savory sandwichese were creative and one was even warmed - which is a first.  Of course the macaron was the highlight of the sweet tier for me.  Best of all the afternoon tea is reasonably priced at $25 each which is a sweet treat!  

Take care of yourself on #SelfCareSunday and remember what you like to do and what makes you happy!  It took this visit to remind me that I truly enjoy afternoon tea and need to include this on my self care plan even if it may seem extravagant.  It is worth it if it helps me step into a different world even for an afternoon.



If you're curious about afternoon tea, check out their website:  La Petite Cuillère.  For more about Vancouver afternoon tea, check out my previous blog reviews.  


No comments:

Post a Comment