Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Thrifty Tuesday - Bow Bow Cafe Taiwanese Restaurant

Bow Bow Cafe is at 4611 Kingsway in Burnaby and if you aren't looking for it or are looking for it but aren't paying attention, it is very easy to miss.  That's what I did, but my girlfriend who I was meeting found me on the street, turned me around, and led me to the hole-in-the-wall kind of place.

Bow Bow Cafe is a small restaurant serving Taiwanese noodles.  That's what it's famous for.  This is a no frills kind of place.  The menu is written on a chalkboard on the wall.  Read it and order.  It's that simple.  If you are a place that specializes in noodles, then you order the Taiwanese Beef Noodle.


We decided to also order the chicken noodle dish below.  However, I admit, I loved the Beef Noodle better.  The advantage of Bow Bow Cafe is that it's pretty simple and fast food and there's not much fuss.  The disadvantage other than trying to find it beside an adult sex shop, is that it is a cash only type of place.  I don't mind this as the dishes were reasonably priced at around $10-$12 each.  My friend treated me so I don't quite remember but it's a good place to try again now that fall is here for the beef noodle in a soup.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment