Sunday, August 25, 2013

Canada Subscription Box: Homespun Treasure August Box

Dear Vancity Girlfriends,

Well, I forgot to tell Carolyn that Homspun Treasure August Signature Box had a theme this month so she was surprised.  The theme was FOOD AND DRINK!  So for those foodie lovers out there, like ME (Maria), I loved the box.  

1.  Kics Raspberry Lemonade Syrup  - I'd heard of Kics before and had seen it at Farmer's Markets but never got around to actually buying some to try it.  So I was very happy to see it in the box.  And I didn't know they had different flavours like Raspberry.  Did I tell you I LOVE raspberries?  How did Homespun Treasures know.  

Kics Lemonade Syrup - $6

I've already made a special raspberry lemonade cocktail with 1 part Kics Raspberry Lemonade Syrup, 4 parts water and 1 ounce of vodka. 


 
2.  Forsman Chocolate Rooibos Redbush Tea - I am a tea lover so I can't wait to try this out.  Rooibos is healthier tea counterpart than black tea. 
Forsman Rooibos Chocolate Tea - $5.70

 
3.  India Base Indian Simmer Sauce - It's an all in one simmer sauce that can be used for a variety of Indian dishes such as butter chicken, vegetable korma, chicken curry to name a few.  I intend to mix it up with chicken breast to make butter chicken.  

India Base Simmer Sauce - $9

4.  LifeBites - Healthy snack of dehydrated bananas rolled in chocolate and covered with coconut.  At first I wasn't sure when I looked at the pieces but one bit and I literally fell in love with lifebites.  I ate all of the lifebites and didn't share any.  They are chewy and most importantly taste good!  


Life Bites Sample
As you can see the value of the box is not as high as previous boxes but I'm happy because I loved what was inside and to have it delivered to my doorstep was a big time saver.  I've been so busy that I haven't had time to go to all of the Farmer's Markets.  I'd say with the free shipping, you still get your $25 worth.  


Get ready!  September Homespun Treasure theme is Stationary!

No comments:

Post a Comment