Friday, August 30, 2013

Vancouver Restaurant: Szechuan Chongqing Seafood Restaurant

Hello Vancity Girlfriends,
I've visited Szechuan Chongqing Seafood Restaurant at both locations, their original location in Vancouver at 205-1668 Broadway Avenue and the one at Commercial and 12th Avenue. 

I went to the one on Broadway because I had one of the group buying coupons so we could have Peking Duck dinner at half the price.  A lot of people had the same dish and it was pretty busy but the servers didn't do much to explain to us how to eat the dinner and weren't even able to tell us how many dishes it entailed.  The food was okay and the value with the coupon made it worthwhile, but the customer service made me not want to go there again.

Then we went to the Chongqing Seafood Restaurant on Commercial Drive and 12th Avenue and I enjoyed the ambiance more.  It was elegant and they had efficient service with excellent food.  We tried the Tan Tan Noodles which I completely LOVED!  In addition we also ate Orange Peel Chicken and Fried Green Beans.  As with Szechuan style you have to be ready for spicy!  

I enjoyed the meal but they were soo busy on a Wednesday night, I wasn't surprised when they were bringing us the bill, but they were slow to bring the machine for us to pay.  They were not very good at splitting bills or making accommodations for that so I don't feel guilty just chatting with friends and catching up while waiting for service.  The food was excellent and I would return to try more dishes.

Tan Tan Noodle Soup

Fried Green Beans

Orange Peel Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment