Are you ready for our first Empties blog and vlog? Bring it on! Empties is where you find out what products are empty (hence someone loves them SO MUCH that they are used up)! That's great promise for products to be used daily. It's December so it's our winter season and the empties below address our winter woes. Let's get started to find out what empties you may want to fill in your stocking!
1. LUSH - Ocean Salt - This is a face and body scrub that can be used daily. As with lush it is made with simple natural ingredients and smells quite nice. It's a great way to exfoliate dead skin cells that may accumulate during the winter months. Unlike masks, it does NOT need to be refrigerated which is a bonus. LUSH has a recycling program so if you bring them 5 empties, they will give you a free face mask.
2. Murad Essential-C Toner - This is a spray toner that you can spray on your face easily and then you let it air dry. (No unnecessary cotton balls wasted). The essential-C toner helps with pigmentation and damage and can protect your skin during the winter months. This is Vancity Girlfriend's Carolyn's toner of choice! Restocking is necessary.
3. Smashbox 15 Hour Hydrating Foundation - When your skin is dry, Smashbox 15 hour hydrating foundation comes to the rescue. It is a pump foundation that will go on smoothly and helps moisturize your skin during the winter month. Good winter hydrating foundation to have on hand! This is a high end brand product at $50 but isn't it worth it to spend a bit more on your skincare?
4. Smashbox Photo Finishing Hydrating Primer - Now there is a theme with winter empties and that is the need for hydration! Smashbox is back again with a foundation primer that you wear after your moisturizer and before your foundation. So it's Shiseido cleanser, Murad Essential-C toner, moisturizer, Smashbox foundation primer + Smashbox hydrating foundation.
5. Shiseido Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam - This is a great daily cleanser for removing make up at the end of your day or for having a nice clean face when you start your day. I like to keep a bottle in the shower so I can cleanse my face while I have my morning shower. It has a nice gentle lather and a little goes a long way.
6. Yves Saint Laurent Radiant Touch Pen - Such a fancy name, you must be wondering what is a radiant touch pen? Well, it has an extra smooth brush that with a click of the pen, you can highlight your face so that when the sun strikes it, you will look radiant. I have used under eye brighteners before but with radiant touch it works to highlight your cheekbones, bridge of your nose, and side of your eyes. Vancity Girlfriend Carolyn says that with her YSL radiant touch pen, people comment on her natural glow even though in reality she has had a late night.
1. Lush Ocean Salt Face And Body Scrub 4.2 Oz
2. Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Toner, 1: Clean/Tone, Packaging May Vary, 6 fl oz
3. Smashbox Cosmetics Smashbox Cosmetics Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation SPF 10 - 1.1
4. Smashbox Cosmetics Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer - Hydrating
5. Shiseido The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam Cleanser for Unisex, 4.7 Ounce
6. YSL Touche Eclat Mascara Radiant Touch, No.1, 0.08 Fluid Ounce