Saturday, January 11, 2014

Vancouver Restaurant: Forage

Hello Vancity Girlfriends,

I was surprised on my birthday. I organized a few girlfriends and I at the last minute to go to Joeys in Burnaby and instead they treated me to Forage!  

The definition of "forage" is to hunt and search for food.  In this case it would be to forage for local and sustainable food.  I love this idea.  So after they forage the fresh ingredients, it's time to put together a dining menu.

Forage is a foodie's dream!  It is small plate and tapas style so you get to try a variety of different food plates and tastes.  It is amazing food at Forage!  There were 4 of us and we tried a whole lot of a little bit of everything on the menu.  Take a look at what we foraged to the table.

Roasted Pan Bread

Roasted Squash Perogies in Cheddar Fondue

Foraged and cultivated mushrooms with goat cheese



Rangeland game burger

Qualicum scallops

Alpine juniper confit chicken flatbread
I would absolutely recommend Forage with a small group so you enjoy so many different plates to feast from.  When you go to Forage from Sunday to Wednesday they have a Forage Meat Draw and everyone can enter their draw for a free meat package for 4.  Unfortunately I did not win this time even though all of my friends allowed me to put my name on every draw ticket.  Aww, I guess this means I have to return to try again.



Forage has a wonderful atmosphere to catch up with your Vancity Girlfriends and enjoy a drink from their wine list or try one of the craft beers.  The servers are friendly and even know tips about the calorie count in celery.  Now when you take a look at the dessert list, it is difficult to resist.  
 
Huckleberry and Hazelnut Financier
Mason Jar Pumpkin Pie
Forage is participating in Dine Out Vancouver so you can experience the local culinary delight as a three course meal.  However, I fully enjoyed my tapas style birthday meal.  What a way to start 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment