Monday, April 21, 2014

Crafternoon: Damask Love Watermelon Mini Cards

Hello Crafty Vancity Girlfriends,

I'm starting to get into paper crafts which also include card making.  Since I'm a beginner, I wanted easy projects that I can complete within minutes so I can have the satisfaction and rewards of completing my projects.

When I discovered Damask Love blog, I fell in love with the simple materials needed for the paper crafts and easiness of their series called "Easy Like Sunday Morning" craft projects which are perfect for beginners like me.  I also didn't want to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on crafting supplies.  Damask Love keeps the projects simple and supplies minimal.  

The first Damask Love project that I decided to tackle were the watermelon mini cards.  They are so cute and adorable that I couldn't resist!  

Every week Michaels Craft store has a 40% off a regular item so I just had to go to one place to pick up the supplies that I needed which were a Martha Stewart Circle cutter, card stock, and gel pens.  (On Damask Love blog they used black glitter glue but that was expensive so I decided to stick with a black gel pen.)  

Step 1:  Cut red 5" circle and green rind same size as your red circle and 1/2 inch less to make the rind.

Step 2:  Glue the green rind on top of the red circle

Step 3:  Cut in half.  This will make 2 mini cards.

Step 4:  Fold each in half.  

Step 5:  Line the edge of the green rind with your white gel pen.

Step 6:  Draw watermelon seeds with your black gel pen or glitter glue.
Watermelon mini cards can be used for "thanks a melon!" thank you cards to teachers with a summer themed gift.  Or if you are hosting a summer party, use the cards as name cards, or as thank you cards for the "goody bag."  They are so cute that I'm sure everyone will love them.  Perfect timing for upcoming summertime fun and birthday parties or summer parties.  

No comments:

Post a Comment