Sunday, June 01, 2014

Vancouver Afternoon Tea: Salon Tea Groupon Review

Hello Vancity Girlfriends!
Salon Tea

I'm a Groupon fan and love getting good deals.  I also love afternoon tea so I always jump at the opportunity to try new or old tea houses in Vancouver.  

Salon Tea is a tea house in the trendy South Granville shopping area.  I had never been so I jumped at the chance to go somewhere new for afternoon tea.  The Groupon deal was a real steal at $35 for afternoon tea for two.  A perfect way to celebrate a friend's birthday.

I was a bit surprised when I first entered Salon Tea because it is not a traditional tea house.  It is contemporary and we almost walked past it.  The decor is modern and when you first walk in it looks more like a take out tea shop with a display case of sandwiches and treats.  Then after the counter there are tables for afternoon tea.  The display for teas is small like a Starbucks display case.  

It was busy when we arrived so we had to wait before sitting down at the table for our afternoon tea.  In my opinion they need to have more staff on hand so they can have better customer service.

Afternoon tea at Salon Tea is very filling but in my opinion the afternoon tea service is mediocre.  The taste of the finger sandwiches, curry waldorf salad is good and will make you full but nothing special and that continues with the scone layer and treat layer.  


Salon Tea Afternoon Tea - Desserts

Salon Tea Afternoon Tea - Blueberry Scone

Salon Tea Afternoon Tea - Sandwich, Quiche, Salad


The tea menu was creative with names such as "The Muscian", "The Writer" to accompany the selection.  The tea was good but again since the service was lacking they forgot to offer the free take home tea that was on the Groupon.  

Overall, it was a good deal with the Groupon, but in my opinion I would not return for afternoon tea at regular price of $35 at Salon Tea.  I prefer other afternoon tea houses in Vancouver that have a more traditional atmosphere, more flavorful afternoon tea, and better customer service.  I would return to the following tea salons:  






No comments:

Post a Comment