Thursday, July 02, 2015

Vancouver Restaurant: The Parker Vegetarian Restaurant

Dear Vancity Girlfriends,

Throwback Thursday.  Moments in time need to be cherished because with the plethora of restaurants, cafes, and diners in Vancouver, you never know when one will be closed.  Today I wanted to remember a special place called The Parker Restaurant in Chinatown.  Chinatown's landscape is changing but not everyone can last in the restaurant world, after my evening at The Parker, I had no idea that it would close and it would be the end for that vegetarian, vegan restaurant that used local ingredients.  I guess I'm lucky I had the opportunity to experience their 8 course vegetarian special menu with a couple of girlfriends.   It was a hot night and we enjoyed the evening and menu on the patio outside.  The food was elegant, fresh, and creatively designed.  I was amazed at the culinary creativity of The Parker.   Enjoy!


Chilled Soup

Fresh Local Salad

Beet Tartar

Brocolli Peas Gnocchi

Grilled Asaragus

Gyoza

Chocolate Mousse

Cheesecake

No comments:

Post a Comment