Thursday, October 29, 2015

National Blog Posting Month - Blogher NaBloPoMo November 2015

Hello Vancity Girlfriends,

This weekend October ends and we will fall back in time and start fresh with the month of November.  Last year I wrote about NaNoWriMo which is National Novel Writing Month:  http://vancitygirlfriends.blogspot.ca/2014/10/vancouver-events-national-novel-writing.html  I started but never finished my novella.  It was a fun challenge and I always start with high hopes and motivation.  Writing a novel in 30 days is a huge commitment even though in the beginning it seems easy.  As the days continue, it becomes harder and especially if you get behind, the number of words that you need to complete the mission adds up and starts to be unrealistic.  It is at that time that it's easy to lose hope.  

This year I'm a realist and found NaBloPoMo which is National Blog Posting Month.  Blog posts can be as short or long as you want them to be but it is best to write at least 100 words per post.  BlogHer has a NoBloPoMo on a monthly basis and so I joined the November 2015 Blogroll, signing up for this makes it real.  BlogHer also provides a badge that you can post on your blog to show that you are participating in NaBloPoMo and they also provide daily prompts to help you with your posts if you get the dreaded writer block.  All in all I am pretty excited that I discovered NaBloPoMo and it will give me a reason to make a bright post on a dreary winter's day.  Come join me and write your heart out on a month long blog writing adventure!   



NaBloPoMo November 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment