Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Burnaby Restaurant: The Pear Tree

I wanted to take a walk back to a restaurant that a girlfriend and I ventured to try.  It was my first time there and it had received rave reviews from friends years ago.  My only mistake was waiting so long before I could try this award winning restaurant called "The Pear Tree" which made it to MacLean's Top 10 Restaurants in Canada.  

My foodie girlfriend didn't hesitate to go with me and it was our special girl's night out.  The Pear Tree is in Burnaby at 4120 East Hastings Street.  It's a narrow restaurant that is quite discreet and doesn't really stand out.  

When you enter the host politely asks to take your jacket as the restaurant is dimly lit and has a romantic atmosphere.  We had dinner early so it was fairly quiet.  Later in the evening the couple next to us who were obviously regulars had the chef make special dishes not listed on the menu just for them.  The luxuriousness of the place did make me feel slightly out of place even though I was wearing a suit coming from work.  

I ordered a cocktail, we shared a salad, and I had the lamb shank for the main course.  After the meal they brought us the bill with the small candied jellies below.  Such a grand dining experience that I would only need to experience once.  With all of the positive reviews and awards, The Pear Tree, is approximately $50-$80 range per person easily.  I wish I had discovered it as the chef's name was just starting out so the meal would be more affordable for me.  Overall I am so happy that I had the opportunity to experience it!  It was unforgettable and as you can also see very photogenic!    



No comments:

Post a Comment