Friday, November 06, 2015

Flashback Friday: Vancouver Event - Tasting Plates Olympic Village

Dear Vancity Girlfriends,

Today is Flashback Friday and I found an old draft of a blog post that was just sitting there waiting for me.  It was taking me back to the sunny days of spring and summer.  During this Raincouver and grey clouds, it's refreshing to be able to look back at sunnier times.

In May I became fascinated and drawn to Vancouver Foodster's Tasting Plates series.  What is Tasting Plates?  Every month or so from May to September or those were the dates in 2015, Vancouver Foodster organizing this Tasting Plates event where you buy a ticket and then on the day of the event, you pick up your ticket which shows you the five or six locations that will have samples ready for you.  It's a great way to spend an evening with a girlfriend which is what I did and every time I was able to introduce Tasting Plates to new friends.  Fun times!
The pics below are from the Tasting Plates Olympic Village event in July 2015.





The key to Tasting Plates is to buy their early bird tickets to save money.  
It's best to plan ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment