Friday, November 04, 2016

Fitness Friday - 30 Day Squat Challenge

As a part of National Blog Posting Month in November, I am blogging everyday.
#NaBloPoMo Day 4 - 30 Day Squat Challenge
  
Fitness Friday is fantastic alliteration and November is also the month where my work place decided to get fit before the holidays and participate in the 30 Day Squat Challenge.  

What is the 30 Day Squat Challenge?  There are many different versions and initially I was told we started with 30 squats and it would go up to 175 squats a day!  Say WHAT?!  I knew I couldn't do that.  I'm still a good sport and went along promoting the squat challenge and looking forward to taking part in it.  Luckily my words were heard and they found the 30 Day Squat Challenge that is beginner friendly.  Day 1 started with only 15 squats.  Thanks goodness!

It is Fitness Magazine's 30 Day Squat Challenge that has different squats to tighten and tone your tush.  Find out the details here:  http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/butt/exercises/30-day-squat-challenge/


Now after day 1 of the squat challenge I realized that I am out of shape.  After day 2 I realized this is more different than it looks and almost fell on top of my colleague.  And after day 3, I have the words of encouragement and technique ringing in my ears.  

"Push your butt out, Sit down, Knees are too forward, Don't fall, Don't curve your back, Don't fall.  Weight in your heels.  Getting better.  3 more.  Now the other side.  Not bad.  Yay, I'm done!"

All of this has spurring this blog post because a year ago I was going to hot yoga and then tried a gym membership and then life which stopped it all.  I know that after all of this, I need work, and I need more activity and fitness in my life.  

But I don't want to spend a lot of money.  So I'll continue with the 30 Day Squat Challenge no matter how difficult it is.  It can make me sweat which is a good thing.  Hopefully at the end of the 30 Days I'll have fitness goals and workouts to keep me going.  I'll continue with my exploration of fitness with #FitnessFriday in November.  Come back to read the about the fitness journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment