Saturday, December 31, 2016

Vancouver Restaurant: Gotham Steakhouse and Bar

Gotham Steakhouse is one of Vancouver's well known restaurants for steak.  They have won several awards and none of this would have enticed me to go.  Instead I could just wonder....until this Christmas.

The office decided to host the Christmas party at Gotham Steakhouse and Bar.  What a treat!  There are private rooms downstairs for company parties and a bar and servers.  It's the full service deal.  It was cozy to have this private Christmas party and even better that there was an open bar!  It's the company Christmas party when I can choose a signature cocktail to enjoy all night long.  I've learned my lesson not to mix drinks or play and drinking games.  I've grown into enjoying a cocktail and Gotham is the place for cocktails.

I researched Gotham cocktail list so I would be prepared for the party.  I waited for others to order so I could admire the different types of drinks and then I ordered the "French 49" martini.  Such a beautiful drink!  

The servers are friendly that it wasn't until my 2nd order of this fancy martini cocktail that they corrected me and said it was a "French" martini.  I loved every sip of this drink.

When the food arrived it was just as impressive, the steak was flavorful and tender.  There was a set menu for us and we had options for our appetizer, entree, and dessert.  I choose a prawn cocktail as an appetizer.  It was served on ice and the prawns were large and delicious.  


The main course was a filet mignon tenderloin steak.  It was the perfect size and packed with flavour.  The side dishes of mashed potatoes, button mushrooms, and asparagus were in the middle of the table for all to share.  The mashed potatoes were light and fluffy and whipped with butter.  I couldn't get enough and had to finish all of the little plates of mushrooms and asparagus.  This was such an elegant tast of a steak.  I now know why Gotham Steakhouse is so well known for its steak.  



I have to admit that this was one of the most memorable Christmas parties!  I'd recommend others to look into Gotham Steakhouse next year for their holiday party but keep in mind that you have to book early.  


No comments:

Post a Comment